Tuesday 9 June 2015

Lemon and Lavender Chicken

Attempting the extraordinary



As much as I like sticking to recipes (for the sake of accuracy mainly), I do like jazzing them up a bit every so often. These happen to be the very rare instances where I’ll act slightly more daring than usual and employ (somewhat) wacky ingredients. Sometimes they go wrong, sometimes they go right. In this case, it was the latter (thankfully). I’ve never really liked lavender as a fragrance or lotion; I much prefer a more fruity scent. However, when it’s combined with lemon, it’s a completely different story. It’s also a bit of a tongue twister; I ended up calling it lamon and lemender chicken quite a few times. Whether you want to try it with chicken drumsticks like I did or the entire poultry, Rachel Khoo’s French recipe is definitely a zesty dinner-time delight. As there’s honey in the sauce, it goes perfectly with a crusty baguette. However, I found that a mixed veggie fried rice is also a winning accompaniment. Don’t believe me? Try it yourself.

Chicken recipe available from two sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment