Wednesday 13 August 2014

Lunchbox salad


Oh no not ANOTHER salad recipe. Well as much as I like baking cakes and cookies, I do have to balance my life out with something slightly easier on my weight. So yes, it is another salad recipe, but not like every other salad you'd usually find in your typical cookbook or lurking on the world wide web. I think words are absolutely incredible, for they have the power to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Like in this case, calling it a "lunchbox salad" is just a way of your humble blogger here trying to glorify something that would be more appropriately crowned as "salad made with Tuesday night's leftovers". I don't like wasting good food, so being able to turn the slices of canned beetroot, hunks of soft mozzarella, unwanted wholemeal bread crusts and chopped iceberg lettuce into a new meal was more than just desirable. Plus it only took me 5 minutes to make so, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment