Thursday 26 June 2014

Quirk of the Day


Goat cheese mousse - meeting the colorful, summer salad

I'm all for cheese, be it Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, leicester and even blue (not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but hey, I find it yummy). Goat's cheese is another all time favorite but goat's cheese mousse (the white poofs of cream in the picture)? (Khoo, 2012: 21). Now that's not something you hear of everyday (in my life anyway). Despite this, my daredevil instincts pushed me to give it a go. Obviously I couldn't eat it by itself (unlike chocolate mousse), so I paired it with a nice summer salad made up of roasted capsicum, baby spinach and sausage slices. I absolutely loved the colors...and then it was time for the taste test.

The final verdict? Absolutely scrumptious.

Recipe from: Khoo, R. (2012) The Little Paris Kitchen. London: Michael Joseph


No comments:

Post a Comment